Subscribe Now: Feed Icon

Sunday, March 22, 2015

The type of people you are around is very important!

I got up at about 5 a.m. this morning and went to a flea market to work. My mom drove me. It was a failure because: 1. When I first read the craigslist ad, it sounded like there would be work for everyone who showed up, guaranteed. But when we got there, the flea market manager told everyone that we just had to go up to each vendor and ask if they needed work. One man expressed disappointment at her (because of the misleading ad), while she was sitting in her car with the window rolled down, taking vendor lot payments from vendors, and telling the workers and I the depressing news. She said that she could call the sheriff if he was going to talk to her like that. I was angry too. The work was not guaranteed at all. She said it was first come, first serve. She then pointed out a trailer in the distance that was starting to be unloaded that they might need help, so I moved with alacrity toward it. I asked them if they needed a worker, and the response was a cold, "No." Then, a little later, someone else asked another vendor, and it was a straight, "No." 2. More importantly, everyone there was older, and they were not healthy and vibrant. They were almost all men. There were no young people. There were no hot women. There was no one laughing. There was no one smiling. There was no one who smiled and said, "Hi, how are you doing this morning!" I said, "Good morning" to someone, but he didn't respond. It was like I was in Skid Row again. 3. It started to rain a little, but looked like it could rain a lot. Worrying about the rain is annoying. That's one reason southern California is better. When we were driving there, I was thinking, "What am I doing?" The sky was dark. The road was dark. There were no people. I was feeling like I was wasting my life. "Where are the women?" "This place is dead." "This is death." "I need to move to the good parts of L.A." "I need to move to the beach." "I need to get around good looking, young, happy women." "Where are the sexy bodies?" "Where are the smiles?" "Where is the happiness?" The people you are around are so much more important than you may realize! I never really considered this. We need to be around positive emotion. People who focus on solving problems and solve them. After focusing on positive emotion constantly, when someone emits negative emotion, it's easy to notice the difference. It helps you focus that much harder on putting yourself in a positive environment. It is more clear what you want. You decide to never put yourself in that environment again.

No comments:

Post a Comment